I love reading books (physical books) when I was a kid. Everyday I would read a book (because we hardly have any social media or tech) to act as a substitute. As we grow older, we get more busy with life and tech. One of my weekly goal is to read 2 book a month, and this shouldn’t be to hard as I commute 2-3 hours a day on a bus to the CBD. Books are a great way to learn. Fiction or non fiction, it doesn’t matter.
I am currently reading “The hard things about hard things” by Ben Horowitz.
Here are some of my recommendation (a fraction of books in my library of collection):
1. How to win friends and influence people – Dale Carnegie
2. 7 Habits of Highly Successful People – Stephen Covey
3. Quiet – Susan Cain
4. The art of war – Sun Zhu
5. Outliers – Malcolm Gladwell
6. Roadless Traveled – M. Scott Peck
7. Road to character – David Brooks.
1. Thinkertoys – Michael Michalko
2. Winning the brain game – Matthew May
3. Creativity Inc. – Ed Catmull
1. Freakonomics – Steven Levitt
2. Thinking fast and slow – Daniel Kahneman
3. Think and grow rich/Napolean Hill Golden Rules – Napolean Hill
4. Personal MBA – Josh Kaufman
5. Think like a freak – Steven Levitt
6. Barefoot Investor – Scott Pape
Startup for beginners
1. Startup playbook – David S Kidder
2. Zero to one – Peter Theil
3. Lean Startup – Eric Reis
4. Innovator’s Dilemma – Clayton M. Christensen
5. Rework – Jason Fried
6. the $100 startup – Chris Guillebeau
7. Lost and Founder – Rand Fishkin
So that’s just some of it. I love to hear your thoughts on what books you are currently reading. Also here’s a Ted Video of Tai Lopez telling us why he reads. (as you may have seen him on Facebook talking about he’s Lamborghini and house)
PS: If you would like, feel free to ask for a book on my list. I will ship to you for free. Just pass it along to someone once you are done with it!